esmaspäev, 24. juuni 2013

From Rivera's Groove Box #5: Second Phase - Mentasm



The ultimate rave track. Produced by Joey Beltram and Mundo Muzique who were the heroes of the underground rave scene with their raw techno productions. One of the first uses of the legendary 'hoover' sound - a heavily modified Roland Alpha Juno preset called 'what the' as of 'what the f*ck is this'. The first ever track to use the hoover sound was also a Beltram and Mundo Musique production from a limited release called 'Mundo EP' – it was the precursor to 'Mentasm'. The 'mentasm' sound has been replicated and sampled by a lot of rave, techno and hardcore records, but few have achieved a good comparable result. 

The reason I'm discussing this great ravey techno track is because I was looking for a virtual synth plugin to create similar sounds. I thought of sampling the 'mentasm' hoover sound, but I think that trying to recreate the sound would be much more fun and satisfying. And through a quick Google search I found this amazing free VST called Phutura. It's a wonderful piece of software! So many quirky synth sounds to play around with! I'll be definitely using this on my future ravey techno tracks:


Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar