kolmapäev, 1. jaanuar 2020

From Rivera's Groove Box #341: House Syndicate - Jam The Mace



So it's the first day of 2020 for me, I sleep too much, I wake up almost noon and I'm very disappointed in myself, because I wanted to wake up much earlier and do some writing work. I remember to check out the new issue of Legowelts cyberzine 'Shadow Wolf' episode 8. It's a good read, but not as good as previous issues. From that magazine, I click a link to the Intergalactic FM webpage. There, this track, which is sampling Technotronic is playing. I feel embarrased, because the track feels very familiar, but I can't seem to remember, if I have even heard it before? I think, is it a newer track from some lo-fi outside techno or house producer? Why haven't I heard about this before? So many questions, but I have no ID for the track. So I go to check whosampled dot com for all the tracks containing samples from Technotronic 'Pump Up The Jam' and I find this - House Syndicate. And again, I feel embarrased. Because this is an early Kenny Dope project from 1990, and I should know this, especially because I have always thought I know the Masters At Work discography very well, but appearantly there are still gaps, haha. And it's weird, that I haven't checked out this EP because I know House Syndicate's previous work 'Kickin Ass' ver well. Oh yes, discovering new and exciting music, it is an neverending journey. I think 'Jame The Mace' is a really well done early house track. It's very raw in production, very lo-fi, which makes it sound really raw and old-school, proper underground sound. Very well programmed drums and beats, clever sampling. A lot of people seem to not like this track and call it a whack track and too simple, but I disagree. I think it's a true classic. A banger which still sounds very exciting 30 years later.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar