esmaspäev, 17. detsember 2018

From Rivera's Groove Box #287: West Coast Swingaz - Luvdrunk



Back in 2007 there began circling around this Black Eyed Peas 'My Humps' sampling track, it was really cool and catchy - a proper jacked up boompty house track, bringing the funk. It turned out to be a bootleg by the Brazilian Jamanta Crew gang. They rocked the Miami WMC properly with it that year, here's even a video of them playing it to a full house (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQHNnN3KTjk) but it never got released! Throughout the years, I have wondered, does anyone even remember that track? Certainly no-one I have asked has heard of it. I talked about the track to my girlfriend, telling her that this track still haunts me sometimes, and it's a shame it never got released. And then I thought, hell, why not try to re-create the track or something - certainly my productions skills have improved over the years and I could do it. And so I began working around the 'My Humps' acapella, chopping it up and thinking a way how to make it work in a house track. It took me a couple tries to get it right, and indeed, I got 'something'. I think it's a good groove, and may even get your butt jiggly. Check it out ;) 

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar