laupäev, 22. oktoober 2016

From Rivera's Groove Box #218: DJ Swagger - Where You Come From



'So where you come from?'. I get that question a lot when I travel to the Big City. And more than once, I've replied 'I'm from the ghetto'. Usually when I say that, people get amused like I'm joking around. But I'm not sure if this is far from the truth. I live in a rural place, away from the big city life. The life I see around me is a mix of backwoods and redneck culture way of living. It sometimes sure as hell feels like a ghetto. It's a unique rural ghetto. I feel living away from the city life has made me more hardened in life. But then again, my surrounding is a bit more safer than a real ghetto. Do I want to leave my hood? I don't know. Everyone who can, does. When I visit the city, I feel like I don't belong there. I'm an alien there. 

This moody DJ Swagger track made me think again about the question 'where you come from?'. 

'I'm from the ghetto'. 

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar