neljapäev, 20. oktoober 2016

From Rivera's Groove Box #217: SAKI - Daytona Beach



There is a lot of mediocrity in dance music, and among all of this state of being mediocre, some great things can sometimes slip by unnoticed. I remember early this year when everybody had compiled their favorite lists of albums and singles of last year, and I tried to check them out as much as possible. This was because I didn't want to miss out something that had gone by me unnoticeably for some reason. I found many great things, but not the Palmbomen II album, which I stumbled upon much later. I was amazed that so few people knew about it. I'm pretty sure Palmbomen II's self titled album is going to be looked as a milestone for lo-fi dance music in the future. But this entry is not about Palmbomen II. I want to introduce you all to another lo-fi dance music producer who is anything else than mediocre - SAKI! This Floridan producer is making his own brand of exciting mix of techno and house, which he has lovably nicknamed 'swamp techno'. It's all rough and hardware only, a way of production which is again gaining popularity in the dance music scene, yet I can't recall any other producer who's taken a bunch of floppy disks with him for a live gig. When I say that SAKI is a future underground dance music talent to blow up, it's not an overstatement - just listen to 'Daytona Beach' and you'll understand.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar