laupäev, 14. veebruar 2015

From Rivera's Groove Box #141: Delroy Edwards - 4 Club Use Only



I sleeped on this at first when it came out, and when I stumbled on this finally, it didn't move me at all at first. I have records like Virgo 'Release Yourself' and the classic stuff of Mr. Fingers, also a lot of Dance Mania and the rough basement sound of Chicago. So it didn't really impress me much on the first listen. But then it grew on me with every listen. Maybe I forced myself to like this release. It's super simple in it's sound, but then again it's also a very honest no bullshit or filler type of record. For die hard underground people, like the title says '4 Club Use Only'. But not in those fancy glimmering glamour clubs with bottle service where everyone is wearing fashion clothes and Gucci handbags. Rough dark clubs which resemble abandoned warehouses, basements and nobody asks for a dress code.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar